> Mark,
>
> On 2/9/12 11:04 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 09/02/2012 15:07, Jeremy brown wrote:
>>> Hi Jonathan and Petr,
>>>
>>> I'm an Application Development Graduate Student at Illinois
>>> Institute of Technology and I'd like to get started
>>> contributing to Tomcat. If you have any tasks I can help out
>>> with please let me know. I'd even be happy to start with simple
>>> tasks in order begin to familiarize myself with the project and
>>> code base, such as writing or formatting javadoc or cleaning
>>> up white space.
>>
>> In addition to the WebSocket work, there are ~100 enhancement
>> requests in various states in Bugzilla. You could also take a
>> look at those and see if one sparks your interest. If you have an
>> interest in web design the the Tomcat web site and documentation
>> is long overdue an overhaul.
>
> IIRC, Pid did a bunch of work toward that end and it was
> ultimately vetoed

Reference please. That is not my recollection at all. My recollection
was that pid started down this road but hasn't found the time to
finish it, or at least get it to a state where enough was complete
that it could be committed.

> but did result in an update of the documentation that actually
> ships with Tomcat.
>
> Does anyone have any specific parameters within which such a
> website redesign could/should be done? I don't want someone
> spending a long time giving us a nice new web design and then have
> it not accepted for one reason or another: it's not exactly
> encouraging when a community rejects well-spent time.

Check the archives. I have spelt out what I see as the minimum
requirements several times (to no objections).

Mark