On 28/08/2012 00:16, Filip Hanik (mailing lists) wrote:
> [...]

No, I am being consistent. I am against unnecessary bloat.

> It would be like me going back and vetoing
> the hard coded value, and we'd run around in circles like little chickens.
> The reason I think the veto is unreasonable is that there is no
> functionality removed with this. There is nothing to be lost.

It doesn't add anything either. It is pointless bloat.

> IIRC any call changes the value, since there is only one daemon thread
> created.

Then again, I suggest you actually go and look at the source code and
you'd see that you are wrong.

 And since gcDaemonProtection is true by default means that 99.9% of
> tomcat instances will have this daemon thread running. Since we have this
> thread running, then we might as well hand out the ability to the users.
> Since you are turning this thread on, give them the ability to change the
> interval at which it is running.

Again, provide a valid use case for this option and I'll support the
change. You have yet to do so. My veto stands.