2014/1/22 Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>

> Thus I think that the calls to ContextBindings.bindThread(...) /
> unbindThread(...)  as performed by those StandardContext methods  are
> needed only during some initial set up.  Using them as general methods
> would be a waste. Those methods are overly synchronized and may be a
> nuisance.
>
> It is true these two are only needed during start/stop, and they do more
than what is otherwise needed.

On the overuse of container events, they are called for configuration
changes and (for whatever reason) all session updates. The session updates
indeed mean setting one listener is a rather big impact for meany
applications (if they use lots of session attributes). Ultimately, I added
a dedicated thing because it is a thing EE needs so it got graduated to
something more visible and straightforward to use.

Last [not directly related], looking at the code, I notice that session
expiration already takes care of changing the context CL. I was not aware
of that, and it means I need to drop/rework my SSO patch. Oops. And I'll
also rework the session code since it switches context even if not needed
(in most cases, it is not needed). I'll do that when Mark is done.

Rémy