We can surely share more - that said mvn plugin should do it by itself -
but each distribution (tomee web, tomee plus, openejb) has different jars
and then different notices so not sure we can reduce the number of files -
that said sharing the header template is a good idea. Also we have to
conform to apache standards to aggregate licenses in a single file so
licenses dir is a potentially nice addition but not a replacement for
current setup.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>