I really like both of them.

But we should not forget to check the IP.
Is this a clean room implementation? Have there been substantial contributions
from others or does Tomitribe at least have a CLA for them?

* As far as I've seen all of the committers are ASF TomEE committers, right?
check!

* Just checked a few files, all of them are "Licensed to the Apache Software
Foundation (ASF) under one or more..." ALv2, so this is fine from the
beginning, even while not hosted at the ASF. David, are all files that way?
Just checked a few and they have all been fine. check!

+1

LieGrue,
strub

PS: Shedon Cooper might cause come trademark issues ;)