Hi Mathias, Hi Martin

just stumbled about that the report design extension is built during the regular build process, wouldn't it be better at all to create a source tarball include jfreereport and reportdesign modules. Where we already achieved modularization in the sources we should IHMO also do the right packaging of sources,

+1!

What already is separated shouldn't become munged with the rest. We know
how fast the separation can get lost. :-)

If an optional product, I would say yes

But if delivered within OOo, the sources have to remain in CVS and then the packaging is easier if all done at build process

The report design extension is a typical example of what i called a promoted popular extension
An extension, first has his own life outside OOo
When popular and included in OOo by default, sources come into the CVS and is built during the whole process Having it an extension has benefits as packaging is easier (because work is already done) and if an update is needed, it can be build outside the OOo proces (eg. security, crash bug aso.)
This also allow the extension to join the translation process aso.

Laurent
--
Laurent Godard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org - http://www.indesko.com Nuxeo Enterprise Content Management >> http://www.nuxeo.com - http://www.nuxeo.org
Livre "Programmation OpenOffice.org", Eyrolles 2004-2006