Laurent Godard wrote:

> Hi Mathias, Hi Martin
>
>>> just stumbled about that the report design extension is built during the
>>> regular build process, wouldn't it be better at all to create a source
>>> tarball include jfreereport and reportdesign modules. Where we already
>>> achieved modularization in the sources we should IHMO also do the right
>>> packaging of sources,
>>
>> +1!
>>
>> What already is separated shouldn't become munged with the rest. We know
>> how fast the separation can get lost. :-)
>
> If an optional product, I would say yes
>
> But if delivered  within OOo, the sources have to remain in CVS and then
> the packaging is easier if all done at build process

Of course they should remain in the OOo cvs. The question is: how are
they built and packaged. It's a PITA to have to build the whole OOo code
base and especially the "instsetoo_native" module to get a single
package. As I understood it, the idea is to be able to get particular
combinations of modules and build a single package from them without a
lot of scp2 and instsetoo magic.
OOo as a whole then will be a combination of several packages.

That is the goal, not the first step. Now we are discussing what can
bring us near to that goal and what might hold us back.

> The report design extension is a typical example of what i called a
> promoted popular extension
> An extension, first has his own life outside OOo
> When popular and included in OOo by default, sources come into the CVS
> and is built during the whole process

The point is that people want to get rid of the "whole process". That
doesn't mean that we won't be able to build everything in one step but
that shouldn't be the only way to build something that is part of the
OOo code base.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".