On 04/12/2009 23:45, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Did anyone in this discussion propose libtool? I didn't see it.
> (You can use automake without libtool)
>
> Grüße/Regards,
>
> Rene

>> On 04/12/2009 18:41, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
>>> Hi Bjoern, *,
>>>
>>> In line with that, why not using autotools? It's ugly, it has many
>>> drawbacks, but it's _the_ standard for FLOSS. Plus, it has excellent
>>> cross-build capabilities, something I consider increasingly
>>> important.

so, i always thought that "GNU autotools" is short for "GNU autoconf + GNU
automake + GNU libtool".
am i wrong here? is there an official definition somewhere?

wikipedia says (GNU_build_system):
<quote>
The GNU build system comprises the GNU utility programs Autoconf,
Automake, and Libtool.
</quote>

regards, michael

--
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel,
"we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"