I think there may be some things coming up on the roadmap that might
require TO API 5.x. I can't say for certain, but I imagine projects
like DS Active Flag and MSO-by-default DSes may require some breaking
changes if we start those in the near future. So if we decide that we
don't want TO API 5.x, we may need to shelve those for a bit. That
said, when we introduce TO API 5.x, I would recommend keeping it
unstable again as we did for TO API 4.x in order to batch all the
breaking changes we want into a single major version. That may mean TO
API clients may choose to wait for the newest features with breaking
changes, but we could keep adding minor versions in parallel (e.g.
4.1) so that TO API clients could have access to non-breaking API
changes sooner.

- Rawlin