> Removing binding-ws-axis2-policy from the build of binding-ws-axis build
> gives *lots* of compile errors as the runtime code directly uses classes in
> the policy module. We could change all those to be proper plugable extension
> points but it seems unnecessary to me as i can't image anyone ever wanting
> to plug in alternative implementations. Could we at least merge that code
> thats not pluggable right now into the one module and when/if a pluggable
> extension point is ever made then move it out?
>
>    ...ant

Looking at it I agree that fixes need to be made to remove the
dependencies but we should really treat this as an opportunity to tidy
up the binding-ws-axis2. Most of the policy and handler
difficulties/dependencies could be removed if we implemented the
binding wire for binding-ws-axis2. At the moment it's a mix of
different approaches.

I think that having the policies separated helps us make this change
and enforces the notion of them being pluggable. To put it another way
if I were to do the tidying it would help me. Can't speak for anyone
else. That's another reason I'm holding onto that thought.

Personally I still like the idea of being able to replace the policies
independently. However if we, as a group, think having less modules in
the build is more important then I'll concede the point. I would like
to keep it separate for the moment while we tidy the binding though.

Simon