On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply. The message skipped out of my attention.
> My understanding is that a domain is the administrative (governance)
> boundary for SCA composite applications. Why does the Shell needs to switch
> between multiple domains within the same session. Typically, most admin
> consoles connect to one "boundary" at a time. For example:
> * OSGi console connects to an instance of the OSGi runtime
> * WebSphere admin console talks to a ND manager for a cell
> * Telnet/SSH connects to a host
> Why cannot we have the Shell session be associated with one SCA domain at a
> time, for example:
> shell <domainURI>
> tuscany> (all the commands are within the domain)
> tuscany>

That makes sense to me, although its slightly different from
traditional admin console type apps in that a domain may also be quite
tiny with multiple domains in a single runtime so how about having it
work as just described but also support changing and listing domains
within the Shell and have the prompt identify the current domain. Eg:

   shell <uri:myDomain?configParams...>
   myDomain> (all the commands are within the domain myDomain)

and add commands such as "domains"  and "domain [<domainName>]" that
enable querying and switching domains.

   ...ant