On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 10:37 AM, kelvin goodson
<kelvingood...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm taking another look at the samples again, with a view to having a
> better story for the 2.0 beta release.  Does anyone have any
> particular thoughts about what we need to do with them?
>
> Kelvin.

Firstly, let look to classify the samples so we can understand what they're for.

Helloworld samples (first stop for the new user?)
   e.g. helloworld
SCA feature samples (showing specific SCA extensions)
   e.g. binding-ws, binding-rmi etc + whichever launcher you choose
Tuscany samples (showing wider Tuscany specific features
   e.g. distributed OSGi support, or the launcher options used to run
the SCA feature samples
Applications samples (working SCA applications
   e.g. store, store-webapp

These are all fine things but it's not obvious where the user should start.

So my first suggestion would be design the structure of the samples +
associated README files to make them more accessible.

I started by (re) organizing the pom.xml file a little bit a while ago
but we should think wider than this.

Simon