On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 7:48 AM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ping ? The M5.1 has a very small delta from M5 and should be a easy review.
>>>

>> I will try to get to this today, just have been too busy to spend time
>> on it so far sorry.
>>
>>   ...ant
>>
> Sorry Luciano. Only just got to this. Will take a look now.
>
> Simon
>
> --
> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com

- Rat looks OK

- Build of source with clean repo initially failed with...

Reason: POM 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin' not found in reposi
tory: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:pom:2.2-beta-3

But it worked this morning when I retried.

- Key signatures look good

- I tried some samples. The READMEs still leave a lot to be desired.
This isn't any worse than M5 however. We know we have to make a better
fist of this, hence the re-org in trunk.

- The samples build against the staged maven artifacts

- In the bin distro LICENCE file  we refer to tuscany-assembly-xsd.jar
and tuscany-sca-api.jar without explicit version numbers. This has
always been the case but I wonder if we should. I also note that we
refer to tuscany-assembly-xsd-osoa in the LICENSE which is not present
any more.

- There are some odd things in the src distro LICENSE file (they were
like this in M5 but I for one didn't spot them).

The module itest/databindings/common isn't in the src distro

The module definitions-xml isn't in the src distro

The last section which starts with...

=================
The module assembly-xsd includes XSD files under the following license:

The modules

binding-ws-xml
databinding
databinding-axiom
databinding-jaxb
databinding-json
databinding-sdo
databinding-sdo-axiom
databinding-xmlbeans
interface-wsdl-xml

Include the ipo.xsd and address.xsd information from the XML Schema Primer
=================

It looks like the "The module assembly-xsd includes XSD files under
the following license:" is just a cut and paste as this appears in
front of the previous license.

Some of the listed modules have been removed or merged with other
modules. Some modules are missing. I believe the list should read.

binding-ws
databinding
databinding-axiom
databinding-jaxb
databinding-jaxb-axiom
databinding-json
databinding-sdo
databinding-sdo-axiom
interface-wsdl

I'd like to get the license files fixed before I vote to release.

Regards

Simon