On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> Sorry Luciano. Only just got to this. Will take a look now.
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>
>>> --
>>> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
>>> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com
>>>

>> - Rat looks OK
>>
>> - Build of source with clean repo initially failed with...
>>
>> Reason: POM 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin' not found in
>> reposi
>> tory: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
>>
>>  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:pom:2.2-beta-3
>>
>> But it worked this morning when I retried.
>>
>> - Key signatures look good
>>
>> - I tried some samples. The READMEs still leave a lot to be desired.
>> This isn't any worse than M5 however. We know we have to make a better
>> fist of this, hence the re-org in trunk.
>>
>> - The samples build against the staged maven artifacts
>>
>> - In the bin distro LICENCE file  we refer to tuscany-assembly-xsd.jar
>> and tuscany-sca-api.jar without explicit version numbers. This has
>> always been the case but I wonder if we should. I also note that we
>> refer to tuscany-assembly-xsd-osoa in the LICENSE which is not present
>> any more.
>>
>> - There are some odd things in the src distro LICENSE file (they were
>> like this in M5 but I for one didn't spot them).
>>
>> The module itest/databindings/common isn't in the src distro
>>
>> The module definitions-xml isn't in the src distro
>>
>> The last section which starts with...
>>
>> =================
>> The module assembly-xsd includes XSD files under the following license:
>>
>> The modules
>>
>> binding-ws-xml
>> databinding
>> databinding-axiom
>> databinding-jaxb
>> databinding-json
>> databinding-sdo
>> databinding-sdo-axiom
>> databinding-xmlbeans
>> interface-wsdl-xml
>>
>> Include the ipo.xsd and address.xsd information from the XML Schema Primer
>> =================
>>
>> It looks like the "The module assembly-xsd includes XSD files under
>> the following license:" is just a cut and paste as this appears in
>> front of the previous license.
>>
>> Some of the listed modules have been removed or merged with other
>> modules. Some modules are missing. I believe the list should read.
>>
>> binding-ws
>> databinding
>> databinding-axiom
>> databinding-jaxb
>> databinding-jaxb-axiom
>> databinding-json
>> databinding-sdo
>> databinding-sdo-axiom
>> interface-wsdl
>>
>> I'd like to get the license files fixed before I vote to release.
>>
>> Regards

> [...]

Well the informal rule I've tried to apply so far in these kinds of cases is

1 - if we mention things that aren't in the distro then it's not great
but I could live with it until the next distro
2 - if we don't mention things that are in the distro then that's not so good.

There are several things that come under category 1 but I could live with them
binding-ws, databinding-jaxb-axiom, interface-wsdl come under category
2 w.r.t that last license. The problem with this is where do you stop.

Simon