I gave it a try, deploying the built war to Tomcat it looks like it
starts up ok but then i couldn't see what url to use to actually run
anything. Running it with mvn jetty:run it fails with:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'GreetingServiceBean' defined in U
RL
[file:/C:/Tuscany/SVN/rayspring/helloworld-spring-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/sca/sca-context.xml]:
Cannot resolve reference t
o bean 'MessageServiceBean' while setting bean property
'messageService'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSu
chBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'MessageServiceBean' is defined

and with mvn tomcat:run it fails with:

SEVERE: Exception starting filter tuscany
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.webapp.TuscanyServletFilter cannot be cast
to javax.servlet.Filter

   ...ant

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Make sure you rebuild Tuscany. I don't see
> the org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException.
> Thanks,
> Raymond
> Raymond Feng
> rf...@apache.org
> Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
> Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
> Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com
> On Mar 22, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Florian Moga wrote:
>
> It looks like now it is finding the spring file but I'm
> seeing org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No
> bean named 'MessageServiceBean' is defined
> The bean is defined in servlet-context.xml. Are the spring files loaded in
> some order? It looks like sca-context.xml is loaded before
> servlet-context.xml and doesn't find the bean.
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I made one more change in web.xml to use classpath: for Spring config
>> location. Can you try again?
>> Thanks,
>> Raymond
>> Raymond Feng
>> rf...@apache.org
>> Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
>> Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
>> Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com
>> On Mar 22, 2011, at 9:47 AM, Raymond Feng wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> sample-implementation-spring-helloworld-contribution.jar is copied into
>> the WAR as a jar. That's probably why you didn't see the
>> WEB-INF/classes/helloworld-context.xml. Can you try to unzip the jar into
>> WEB-INF/classes to see if it helps? We also need to figure out a way to
>> resolve Spring application context files on the classpath.
>> Thanks,
>> Raymond
>> Raymond Feng
>> rf...@apache.org
>> Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
>> Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
>> Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com
>> On Mar 22, 2011, at 9:32 AM, Florian Moga wrote:
>>
>> Hey Raymond,
>> Yes, I tried deploying sample-implementation-spring-helloworld-webapp.war
>> to both Tomcat and Jetty. When I saw the exceptions in logs, I tried copying
>> sample-implementation-spring-helloworld-contribution.jar to the lib/ folder
>> of Tomcat and removing the provided scope but none didn't
>> fix FileNotFoundException: Could not open ServletContext resource
>> [/WEB-INF/classes/helloworld-context.xml].
>> Florian
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Florian.
>>> Thank you for the feedback. Did you try to deploy the hello-spring.war
>>> into Tomcat/Jetty?
>>> You are right, the provided scope seems to be an issue (for some reason,
>>> "provided" is used by some folks in the wrong way:-). I'll fix it.
>>> Raymond
>>> ________________________________________________________________
>>> Raymond Feng
>>> rf...@apache.org
>>> Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
>>> Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
>>> Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com
>>> ________________________________________________________________
>>> On Mar 22, 2011, at 1:16 AM, Florian Moga wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Raymond,
>>> Having Spring MVC support in Tuscany sounds and looks great! I had a look
>>> at the sample but I haven't been able to start it up successfully. I'm
>>> seeing the following in logs:
>>> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not open ServletContext
>>> resource [/WEB-INF/classes/helloworld-context.xml]
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sample.DateService
>>> This is probably due to the
>>> sample-implementation-spring-helloworld-contribution dependency having the
>>> scope set to provided. I don't know how that should be handled, I've tried
>>> adding the jar to the lib/ folder in Tomcat but the first error was still
>>> appearing. How should I do this correctly?
>>> Thanks,