On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 5:32 AM, ant elder <antel...@apache.org> wrote:

>> Replying to that now quite old email...
>>
>> As you asked about this i had a go at adding support to the Tuscany
>> plugin to support that and there is now some initial code that seems
>> to work. So if you add the pom.xml of a webapp project :
>>
>>         <plugin>
>>            <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>            <artifactId>maven-tuscany-plugin</artifactId>
>>            <version>${tuscany.version}</version>
>>         </plugin>
>>
>> then when doing "mvn tuscany:run" it will see that the packaging type
>> is war and launch an embeded Tomcat to run the webapp project.
>>
>> In a similar vein, i've also added support for having the plugin run a
>> classes main method instead of launching Tuscany, so if you have:
>>
>>         <plugin>
>>            <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>            <artifactId>maven-tuscany-plugin</artifactId>
>>            <version>${tuscany.version}</version>
>>            <configuration>
>>              <mainClass>sample.HelloworldSCAClient</mainClass>
>>            </configuration>
>>         </plugin>
>>
>> then when doing "mvn tuscany:run" the main method of that class gets called.
>>
>> So using those if we add the tuscany plugin definition to the samples
>> then you'll be able to run any sample by doing just "mvn tuscany:run"
>> instead of having different ways for different samples depending on
>> what type of sample it is.
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> I've updated all the samples in unreleased to demonstrate this, if
> we're happy with the approach i'll add it to the samples in trunk.
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/unreleased/samples/getting-started/
>
>   ...ant

It would be great if we could summarize the requirements we have for
the samples on the page Florian created [1]. The information provided
above as how to instrument the sample is also very good to be on that
page, I'd add the expectations and/or user experience when running the
samples, as it seems that we are droping support for ant completely
(which to me is ok, as I mostly use maven), but I'm not sure if users
are ok with that.

Also, we should clarify what we mean by consistent build, particular
regarding "base + extension", if we are using the base pom, fine, if
we are using the base jar, sorry, but I believe couple of us don't
agree with mandating that. And, reviewing the getting-started sample,
it seems that you are forcing to use the base jar.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Tuscany+Samples+Requirements

--
Luciano Resende