On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
> <jsdelf...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Do you mind explaining what you meant by "corresponding HTML output"?
>> >

>> I meant this:
>> <head>
>> ... some CSS, Javascript etc, meta tags etc
>> </head>
>> ... whatever you want here, a h1 tag with the name of the composite,
>> or an href link to the composite XML for example
>> <svg>
>> ... your SVG composite diagram
>> </svg>
>>
>> Most SVGs you can find on the Web are included in HTML like that as
>> it's easier to include help, additional text, href links, meta tags,
>> dynamic behavior with javascript etc around the SVG diagram.
>
> I see!

>> > So, I think still I can use Tuscany runtime to load the composite XML,
>> > am I
>> > right?
>>
>> Maybe, but I'm not sure, as the runtime is not supposed to proceed
>> with incorrect composites.
>>
>> Last time I checked, but that was about a year ago, I was getting
>> exceptions preventing me to proceed and get the composite model. The
>> error handling may have been improved since then. Better check with
>> the other Tuscany folks working on that.
>>
>> > (assuming that the validation part is done separately)
>> >

>> I'd recommend to double check without assuming :)
>>

> I will!

With the code i showed earlier it would throw exceptions when there
are problems with contributions or composites so thats not going to
fit in well with trying to use buggy, unresolved, or incomplete
artifacts. It is possible to pass in a Monitor object on some of the
calls which prevents the exception throwing and instead the problem
information is collected in the monitor which you can then examine
afterwards to find out about the problems so you probably could get
something working using that approach, but I don't really know how
well it would work as we don't presently have much in Tuscany trying
to do that type of thing. It seems a little ambitious IMHO, if it were
me I'd probably want to at least first get something working with
artifacts without problems, eg take the contribution from the
helloworld sample and draw a picture of its composite - can the SVG
generation code you have do that yet?

   ...ant