On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:28 AM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
> > <jsdelf...@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Nirmal Fernando <
> nirmal070...@gmail.com>

> >> I meant this:
> >> <head>
> >> ... some CSS, Javascript etc, meta tags etc
> >> </head>
> >> ... whatever you want here, a h1 tag with the name of the composite,
> >> or an href link to the composite XML for example
> >> <svg>
> >> ... your SVG composite diagram
> >> </svg>
> >>
> >> Most SVGs you can find on the Web are included in HTML like that as
> >> it's easier to include help, additional text, href links, meta tags,
> >> dynamic behavior with javascript etc around the SVG diagram.
> >
> > I see!

> incomplete
> Java

> >> Maybe, but I'm not sure, as the runtime is not supposed to proceed
> >> with incorrect composites.
> >>
> >> Last time I checked, but that was about a year ago, I was getting
> >> exceptions preventing me to proceed and get the composite model. The
> >> error handling may have been improved since then. Better check with
> >> the other Tuscany folks working on that.

> >> I'd recommend to double check without assuming :)
> >>

> > I will!
> >

> With the code i showed earlier it would throw exceptions when there
> are problems with contributions or composites so thats not going to
> fit in well with trying to use buggy, unresolved, or incomplete
> artifacts. It is possible to pass in a Monitor object on some of the
> calls which prevents the exception throwing and instead the problem
> information is collected in the monitor which you can then examine
> afterwards to find out about the problems so you probably could get
> something working using that approach, but I don't really know how
> well it would work as we don't presently have much in Tuscany trying
> to do that type of thing. It seems a little ambitious IMHO, if it were
> me I'd probably want to at least first get something working with
> artifacts without problems, eg take the contribution from the
> helloworld sample and draw a picture of its composite - can the SVG
> generation code you have do that yet?

Considering all the facts (such as getting exceptions when we load a
composite with errors etc.) I decided
to stick with my own code on to recognize artifacts in a composite XML :),
but of course I could get help from
existing code.

Current code lives at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/collaboration/GSoC-2011-Nirmal/.

Few recognized todos :

* References/Services that are directly linked with the composite (i.e. not
with a component), should be addressed.
* Wire should be flexible and should not draw over other artifacts, where
it's not necessary.
* Implementation.java elements of a component should be addressed more
carefully.
* Using "Promotion" for wiring should be addressed.
* Should check with the spec and the community whether the all allowed/used
ways(combinations) are supported.
* Test cases
* Provides corresponding HTML output.
* Documenting layout algorithm.