On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Eranda Sooriyabandara <0704...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jean-Sebastian,
> I was bit confused on how am I going to maintain the relationship between
> Session, Database and Group. With all these methods I am kind of lost in the
> middle in choosing one. If you can call one for me I can work on it.
> First I was thought of keep some status for the component but later I
> realized that constructor injection will be more applicable since I have
> constructors with Complex datatypes. What do you think?
> In the middle of implementing I got the following problems,
> Can we parse a complex datatype as a constructor parameter.
> When we going to initialize the class (call the constructor).
> Can we access the Objects of Session, Database and Group in the client and
> access its method.
>
> thanks
> Eranda

I had a similar use case, and I modeled it like two compoments :
DataSource and DataAccess, DataSource had multiple properties which
were mostly database specific configuration required to instantiate a
"connection" and Data Access had a reference to a dataSource which got
injected by SCA. If I understand your concept of session, you might be
able to handle that by using "scopes"  where a singleton
DataSource/DataAccess would be "injected"  into a service that
requires persistence access. You might need to play a little bit with
generics to allow your DataSource to create different types of
connections based on what persistence implementation you are
utilizing.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende