Von: Jean-Sebastien Delfino [mailto:jsdelf...@apache.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011 08:13
An: dev@tuscany.apache.org
Cc: tuscany-...@ws.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Cloud enabled devices.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Konradi, Philipp
<philipp.konr...@siemens.com<mailto:philipp.konr...@siemens.com>> wrote:
That sounds like a great idea and I would be interested to understand better
what you exactly mean by "SCA clouded embedded devices framework"? Devices
which communicate to SCA services hosted in a cloud? Host SCA services in the
device itself and communicate with them from the, potentially SCA-enabled,
cloud?

One of the challenges I see is to SCA-enable an embedded device. Most of them
have low hardware resources (CPU, RAM). Further component business logic often
needs to access hardware directly (-> C/C++). Meeting those constraints is the
goal of the following open-source SCA implementation:
http://trentino.sourceforge.net/.
What do you think, is it a suitable pillar for the "SCA clouded embedded
devices framework"?

Thanks,
Philipp

Looks like a pretty cool project!

Would be great to be able to collaborate. Do you guys have any plans to license
it under the Apache 2.0 license or an Apache friendly category A or B [1]
license?

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
--
Jean-Sebastien