hmmm, this goes against one of the apache "requirements":

This page: http://apache.org/dev/writable-git says

ASF releases *must* be cut from the canonical ASF Git repositories.

Part of this page has some out of date links, but I'm guess this means that when
you do a release, you start by cloning from gitbox.apache one, not the GitHub
one.

Do you agree?  or did I read this wrong?

-Marshall