Ok, I change my vote to a +1.  Don't want to hold up progress here.  After
all, it's an alpha.   Anyone who uses this and complains about missing docs
will get support on the list.

does this really matter for an *alpha*, especially when none of the
docs have been updated and so many of them are wrong, and the tools
are mostly documented via javascript?

Best, WILL

On 6/29/07, Nathan Bubna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/28/07, Will Glass-Husain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -1.  (sorry!)
>
> There are no docs.  All the generated doc files in the binary distro
have
> size of 0KB.  In the source distro, typing "ant docs" also produces bad
> docs.

does this really matter for an *alpha*, especially when none of the
docs have been updated and so many of them are wrong, and the tools
are mostly documented via javascript?

> Again, let me know if I'm missing something obvious.
>
> On the positive side, "ant test" worked fine under both JDK 1.5 and JDK
1.6

> I'll note some trivial nits, probably want to fix before final 2.0release
> -- notice file has 2006 copyright, not 2007

will fix.

> -- ant clean doesn't remove empty target directory

that's mvn/ant crossover.  will fix, but doesn't matter.

> -- the VLS_readme file is written in the first person tense, but who is
that
> person?  (no one signed the message)

been that way for all final releases.  i wrote it before i was even a
committer, i believe.

> -- the STATUS file appears to be out of date.  (not sure-- worth a
check).

it's an alpha.  all the docs are out of date. :)