On 6/30/07, Claude Brisson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Le vendredi 29 juin 2007 à 14:25 -0700, Nathan Bubna a écrit :
> On 6/28/07, Will Glass-Husain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > -1.  (sorry!)
> >
> > There are no docs.  All the generated doc files in the binary distro have
> > size of 0KB.  In the source distro, typing "ant docs" also produces bad
> > docs.
>
> Claude, this seems to be some issue with DVSL.  It looks like the 2.x
> branch is still on 0.43 while the trunk is using 1.0-dev.  Which i
> don't appear to have in my filesystem currently, so the 1.x trunk
> isn't building for me either.   What's the status of DVSL right now?
> Any chance you could give me a hand getting docs building again? :)

DVSL 1.0 is ready for an RC, I lacked some time to push it out (yet one
week of hard work and I'm on vacation).

Here's the situation:

For Tools 1.x: The DVSL ant task has changed from
o.a.tools.dvsl.DVSLTask package to o.a.dvsl.DVSLTask package. To make
Gump happy, I made the build.xml in tools 1.x trunk now use the new
package to declare the DVSL ant task, but it wasn't a really good
solution since Gump is the only one happy. So I'm gonna roll this back
and put a deprecated class in the old DVSL package. It's better for BC
and even if the next 1.x tools release is made before DVSL there won't
be any problem.

that sounds like a good plan

But for Tools 2.x, which is still using dvsl-0.43, it's a totally
different problem: it's simply that the published dvsl-0.43 binary (as
long as the 0.44 and 0.45 ones) doesn't work with velocity-1.5 (it just
needed to be recompiled). So to build the docs there is no other real
solution today than building dvsl-1.0-dev manually, copy it to the lib,
and edit build.xml to use o.a.dvsl.DVSLTask.

hmm.  or hack the docs build to use velocity 1.4, right?  probably not
worth it, since 2.0 final probably won't come before DVSL 1.0

It'd be cool to release DVSL 1.0 quite soon, wouldn't it? I'll try to
initiate it and start the vote on sunday evening - I'll be offline
during the w-e.

that would be great.  i see no reason to wait.  once the deprecated
DVSLTask subclass discussed above is added.

  Claude