2010/4/11 Adrian Tarau <adrian.ta...@gmail.com>:
> Maven can be customized to fit any directory structure.

I've not been clear enough: if you let me do it, the directory
structure will change to reflect the "standard" of Maven projects.
It's the best long term solution. The "short term" solution is already
there: the pom.xml builds almost correct artifacts (I don't know,
sincerely where it differs).
Using Maven means abandoning Ant at all. You may shiver at the idea,
but this is the best solution to have a well done modular project.

> It makes sense even to merge Velocity Tools with Velocity under a single
> repository and create a Maven multi-module project.

I don't think so: Velocity and Velocity Tools are very different
projects. They may share the same group (this is correct since they
belong to the same project website), but not the same repository
folder.
OTH, modularizing Tools is a great idea: not everyone wants to use
Struts, or Servlets. Little modules with only a small amount of
dependencies creates very intuitive modules to integrate in our own
projects. If you don't do this, you need to exclude unneeded
artifacts. If you had experience with Log4j 1.2.15 (not 1.2.14) you
may know what I mean.

Antonio