On 2024/02/19 20:25:45 Claude Brisson wrote:
> Version numbers are advertized and are supposed to be coherent. We don't
> care that the tags are public, they are not advertized. I didn't say
> that you had to reuse the tag. The tag can be named 2.4-RC2. You don't
> have to rename anything, or did I miss something?

I cannot follow. What am I supported to do with 2.4-RC2? I cannot supply this
to Maven Release Plugin otherwise it will bein the POM and in the repo. This is
already on master and shouldn't appear again:
https://github.com/apache/velocity-engine/commit/5d9e48ca0f1776300f1cf07199eb79c34dbe9cb7

Git tag and version in POM have to be consistent. I don't see how this can be
achieved. Moreover, that version needs to land as source release zip on ASF
dist area. The zip content cannot be x-RCy.

I guess I miss here something as well.

Michael