On 2024/02/21 11:54:51 Claude Brisson wrote:
> > I use this one [1] sans the part which does not apply to Velocity TLP to
> > comply with ASF release requirements. If there is a documentation for the
> > Velocity project which does not have more manual steps compared to the [1],
> > I will happily do it, but I don't want to waste my time for unnecessary
> > juggling. I rather invest it in making the code base better. [1] works very
> > well for the entire Maven ecosystem and is followed by Maven devs, I don't
> > see why I cannot apply to ther ASF Java-centric TLPs.
> >
> > Please note that the entire Maven Site Plugin ecosystem relies on Velocity
> > Engine and Tools, so this is why I want to move this one forward and in
> > greater for the entire OSS community.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > [1]https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html
>
> We have our release process page [2].
>
> [2] https://velocity.apache.org/release-process.html

Thanks, Claude! I wasn't aware of that. Quite eloborate and I can see that I
hav a few shortcomings (keys, Javadoc, site, etc), but I can also see that
includes steps which make it unnecessarily complex. E.g.,
* Fiddling with "git revert", "git tag"
* Calculating checksums for files which no one needs in dist (e.g. POM) also
ASF rules only require source tarball

Regards,

Michael