As far as I remember (and please correct me if I'm wrong), support
and updates for Wicket 1.3 were ended rather quickly after the release
of 1.4. That's okay, since the team has limited resources. But it
becomes a pretty serious problem if that means you'll cut off everybody
who can't yet move up to Java 1.6.

Java 1.5 adoption was pretty much everywhere when Wicket moved up to
it. The same is not true for Java 1.6 at this time.

Carl-Eric

--
Carl-Eric Menzel
Das neue deutschsprachige Wicketbuch: