I have no clue on how many are on java 6 or java 5 or even java 4. It
would be very nice to see some metrics, so it will be clear on how
many potential wicketeers are being cut off if wicket goes java 1.6.

On the other hand it could be a "benefit" if wicket upgraded to 1.6,
some are probably just waiting for a good reason to upgrade.

And those who are not wouldn't probably upgrade from wicket 1.4 to 1.5 either.

regards Nino