we can try to avoid it for some time if possible, but if some stuff as nicer
for the core then i am against a separate jar and ugly build system

+1 for 1.6

In my opinion, giving people more reasons to use a newer JVM is better (as if speed were not enough)

Seems a shame to futz with a strange build to support people who are unable to upgrade in general. If someone is in an environment where they can't upgrade JVM from 1.5 -> 1.6 (in late 2010), then seems odd they are allowed to upgrade to a new wicket version.

ryan