I totally agree on this. Especially forcing the formatting in Eclipse makes
the code very uniform. We use the same setup at Topicus and it works extremely
well. I don't really care about the actual style itself, as long as it is
readable. Wicket's formatting seems like a sane choice to me.

I don't know if it is possible to let the Maven Eclipse plugin configure these
settings. If so, that would be my choice. At Topicus we use svn:externals to
add the same settings directory to every project. I don't know if this
possible with git.

Best regards,
Emond Papegaaij