Hi Daniel,

In regard to migrating from 6.x to 7.x if this helps...

We migrated a MASSIVE Website creation app/CMS plus a generic web app development platform, all built on Wicket 6, to Wicket 7 in a surprisingly quick time.

For a long time (years) we had feared the Wicket 6->7 migration so kept putting it off as we expected it might take weeks but in the end it only took a couple of days!

We were pleasantly surprised. Java being a statically typed language really helps you find most of the issues via compilation but there are a few issues you will need to look out for as detailed in the migration notes - but we didn't find these a major burden to locate and resolve.

Wicket 7 even fixed an issue in our app that we had been trying to fix in 6.x that we thought was a problem in our code but might have well been a 6.x glitch because it started working fine once we ported to Wicket 7.x!

Hope that helps :)

Regards,
Chris