Hi Daniel,

On 11/08/2022 7:45 pm, Daniel Stoch wrote:
We have a plan to upgrade (at last ;))
Yeehah!
  Wicket to a newer version (9.x), but
it is not quite easy for a big application
Our app has 1034 Wicket UI classes - that's just pure Wicket UI classes - don't ask about the number of classes in the business layer/domain model ;)
and unfortunately we have to
patch Wicket code by ourselves to fix issues described in WICKET-5588
(including JavaScript: if this code have many changes between 6.x and 9.x
it can be quite hard to do it).
It would be much easier to upgrade if this problem was fixed in the
standard version of Wicket.

I think jumping from 6 -> 9 directly might be a bit too adventurous - you have to consider all framework changes across 7, 8 and 9.

That's why we decided to migrate one step at a time: "single stepping" from 6->7 (done) then 7->8 then 8->9.

The good thing about 6->7->8 is that you can stick with Java 8 and so not have to be concerned with in any issues that changing your Java version may bring (assuming you're currently using 1.8)

--
Best regards,
Daniel Stoch