Hi Ishara,

This will be a very useful feature for MB.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Ishara Premadasa <ish...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is an update on  Feature#1207 [1], adding queue browsing ability into
> MB. The following is the final outcome of the feature implementation and
> this will be released with the upcoming MB 2.1.0 release.
>
> With queue browsing the user is capable of viewing the JMS Messages'
> details inside particular queue, including message attributes, properties,
> content type etc. and in addition the complete message body content can be
> viewed for each message as shown in the screen shots attached below.

However, as a topic browser, I'd love to see following information too.

* Publisher's IP/port
* Subscribers' IP/port, and the subscribers whom not yet received the
message.
* Message size

Also, what is 'delivery mode' attribute? Is it something I configure? Is it
possible to use the meaningful string interpretation instead of an integer?

> Due to the performance concerns there will be a maximum message limit of
> 200, that is displayed in the queue browser UI, even though the given queue
> may have a larger amount of messages.  At the moment this can be configured
> in the qpid_config.xml if necessary (explained in the documentation).
>
> However I would like to know that whether we should allow this is to be
> configured into a higher amount as there is a possibility of crashing, when

MB uses Cassandra, right? Isn't it the right place to store data instead of
memory?

> The MB 2.1.0 documentation is updated too [2].
>
> Thanks!
> Ishara
>
> [1] https://redmine.wso2.com/issues/1207
> [2] http://docs.wso2.org/wiki/display/MB210/Managing+Queues
>

> --
> Ishara Premasada
> Software Engineer,
> Integration Technology Team,
> WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com/
> *Linked in   :  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ishara-premadasa/1a/630/609
> Twitter       :  https://twitter.com/ishadil
> Mobile       : +94 714445832*

Thanks & regards,
Nirmal

Software Engineer- Platform Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.
Mobile: +94715779733
Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

<http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/>