Functinalities like Server startup/shutdown, coverage generation and result
generation already implemented in WSO2 Test Automation framework. So we
need to reuse those functionalities in here. Having a Rest API to call
tests scripts embedded in each jaggery app would be nice addition. In that
way we could easily integrate it with our existing framework and use though
out the platform.

And this framework should support for continuous integration. So everything
have to be executed without human interactions. So avoiding command line
test runners etc.. is required.

Thanks,
Krishantha

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Madhuka Udantha <madh...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Udara Rathnayake <uda...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> While designing the test framework, its good if we can keep in mind that
>> jaggery2 product also underway.
>> Any thoughts?
>>
> Sure, will think.
> Mainly test framework will coming for javascript(jag/js) testing so it
> will be written where can be extended.
>

>> Regards,
>> UdaraR
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Madhuka Udantha <madh...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Krishantha and test automation team,
>>>
>>> I would like to get your opinion on this task regard to
>>>
>>> is there standard methodology on current testing framework where we can
>>> added such testing framework or better to go on fully independent model?
>>>

>>> My thinking is,
>>>
>>>    -  As it is application level testing frame work, better to work
>>>    with much independent of the current system
>>>    - Where application writer (developer) can run test for specific
>>>       application rather running all test for platform or product
>>>       - It will help to maintain both test framework with low cost
>>>       - Each test frame have it's own scope (such as
>>>       platform/product/appilcation). if not, complexity of the code and
>>> system
>>>       will be increase but there will be API interface for interaction
>>> among the
>>>       test framework.
>>>    -  And I thought to have interface (simple REST interface) in
>>>    jaggery test frame work where current test framework also can interact
>>> with
>>>    it into some extend.
>>>
>>>  Thanks

>>> --