Here is requirement list for the $subject,

*Basic things that will be in $subject ( jaggery test framework)*

   - Testing Jaggery (.jag) API with function levels (simple as unit test)
   - online
   - Jaggery module testing under application (app/{appName}/module)
   - Changing to any test case then only the test case file needs to be
   updated [Script will remain the same]
   - Application-independent. Test resource/spec of test will be inside the
   application (app/{appName}/test)
   - Easy to expand, maintain, and perpetuate. (Try to follow same JS frame
   work structure such as *jasmine[1] *)
   - Supportable with automation test framework with some configure
   changing/pom/ant
   - Should have low cost on maintaining
   - Easy to write test (less time)
   - REST/JSON report Supporting (Console commanding  not implemented,  As
   above discussion)
   - HTML Test coverage reporting

*Scopes for Framework*

Application-oriented Framework, Test resources for application will be
inside application

*Test framework type*

It will be 'Hybrid' as It will be following (Script Modularity Framework,
Library Architecture Framework and Structured Framework will be used in
implementation)

*Responsibilities of $subject*

   - Defining the format in which to express expectations
   - Running the tests which exercise the public interface (REST interfaces)
   - Result with interface of JSON
   - Interact with platform testing and build time with simple interface
   (interface for REST client)
   - Calling test suites and skipping test suit with changing test spec
   (Test case js/jag )
   - Executing the tests (Without console commanding)
   - Reporting results of the test HTML interface also

If there I am missing any requirement for $subject, pls add it here,
Here is some more we will consider before writing $subject[2], Some trying
out existing JS test framework[3] for $subject for matter for comparison
and understating design on existing system.

[1] http://pivotal.github.io/jasmine/

[2]
http://madhukaudantha.blogspot.com/2013/11/what-to-be-know-about-test-framework.html

[3] http://madhukaudantha.blogspot.com/search/label/Test%20Framework