Hi ESB team,

I tested the kafka inbound endpoint in a esb cluster where there is one
manager and two worker nodes.

Below are the steps i did when testing the kafka inbound endpoint.

1. Start the zookeeper
2.Start the kafka server

Zookeeper and kafka server started in my local machine.

3.Create a kafka inbound endpoint in cluster

it gets deployed in all three nodes.

4.Then create a topic in kafka broker.

then, in one of the worker nodes i get the following error,

 ERROR {kafka.producer.SyncProducer} -  Producer connection to
localhost:9092 unsuccessful {kafka.producer.SyncProducer}
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:435)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:427)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:643)
    at kafka.network.BlockingChannel.connect(BlockingChannel.scala:57)
    at kafka.producer.SyncProducer.connect(SyncProducer.scala:141)
    at
kafka.producer.SyncProducer.getOrMakeConnection(SyncProducer.scala:156)
    at
kafka.producer.SyncProducer.kafka$producer$SyncProducer$$doSend(SyncProducer.scala:68)
    at kafka.producer.SyncProducer.send(SyncProducer.scala:112)
    at kafka.client.ClientUtils$.fetchTopicMetadata(ClientUtils.scala:53)
    at kafka.client.ClientUtils$.fetchTopicMetadata(ClientUtils.scala:88)
    at
kafka.consumer.ConsumerFetcherManager$LeaderFinderThread.doWork(ConsumerFetcherManager.scala:66)
    at kafka.utils.ShutdownableThread.run(ShutdownableThread.scala:51)

the above message is throwing continuously by the worker node.

I assume this issue is related to some configurations of kafka server.

*Any ideas of solving this issue ?*

Nayomi Dayarathne

*Software Engineer-QA*
Mobile : +94 (0) 775246619 <+94+(0)+775246619>

*nay...@wso2.com <nay...@wso2.com>*