Hi all,

I have studied the resources that you have provided and there are
Kubernetes configurations for wso2 products  already defined at
kubernetes-artifacts <https://github.com/wso2/kubernetes-artifacts> as well
as Jmeter  Scripts qa-tooling-smoketester
<https://github.com/wso2-incubator/qa-tooling-smoketester>. As far as I
understand, what needs to be done is, bring these implementations together
and automate the process once configurations are selected via an UI. In
order to achieve those goals following things need to be implemented:

   -

   UI
   -

      User should be able to select the Product, version and the profile
      -

      User should be able to Select 3rd party prerequisites such as
      databases
      -

      User should be able to select the which Jmeter scripts to run
      -

      Final test results
      -

   Backend
   -

      Build the product’s Docker image according to provided profile. For
      example consider the wso2as as the product. Then these steps
      mentioned here[1] should be executed. What is done by the build.sh can be
      achieved by a Docker client [2]. So we can build the Docker
images in host
      where the app is hosted.
      -

      Build the 3rd party prerequisites Docker images  like above mentioned
      -

      Then we push the docker images that we have built to a private docker
      registry where Kubernetes cluster can pull those images
      -

      Connect to the Kubernetes cluster through a client library like fabric8
      [2] and deploy the product in the cluster(what is done in the
      deploy.sh script)
      -

      Build the Jmeter docker Image with the given profile and the
      deployment configurations(ex: fill the server properties file with the
      respective values).
      -

      Build and Push Jmeter docker image with given profile to the private
      Docker registry
      -

      Deploy the Jmeter image in Kubernetes cluster and run the tests
      -

      Show results in the UI

Also in Smoke tester is Jmeter run in cluster mode or not ?. Please let me
know whether I understood the requirements correctly or not. If correct, Is
this approach correct ?.

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/kubernetes-artifacts/tree/master/wso2as#1-build-docker-images

[2] https://github.com/docker-java/docker-java