Hi Bhathiya,

I have a small concern regarding this. Previously user only has to create
application then create tokens, Now he has to create Application, then
create Oauth application and then generate tokens. I think user might get
confuced why he is creating two applications.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:17 AM, Bhathiya Jayasekara <bhath...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In the current implementation of store REST API, we have a single
> operation (aka. Generate Keys) to create OAuth application and generate
> access tokens, which requires 2 calls to key manager. IMO, if we split this
> operation into 2, the code becomes cleaner. On the other hand, the current
> implementation makes the code of out of band client registation[1] a bit
> complex as we don't have a way to only generate access tokens after
> providing keys explicitly.
>
> so, to make the code cleaner, I'm suggesting to split this "Generate Keys"
> operation into 2 as,
>
> 1) Create OAuth application (i.e. generate consumer key/secret)
> 2) Generate access tokens.
>
> If we do this, in the case of out-of-band client provisioning we can
> simply replace step 1 with "Provide Keys" call.
>
> In UI, there will be 2 buttons as "Generate Keys/Provide Keys" which
> generates or allows to add consumer key/secret, and "Generate Access Token"
> which generates application access token.
>
> Please let me know if you have any concerns about this.
>
> [1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM210/Provisioning+Out-of-
> Band+OAuth+Clients

> *Bhathiya Jayasekara*
> *Associate Technical Lead,*
> *WSO2 inc., http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com>*
>
> *Phone: +94715478185 <+94%2071%20547%208185>*
> *LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bhathiyaj
> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/bhathiyaj>*
> *Twitter: https://twitter.com/bhathiyax <https://twitter.com/bhathiyax>*
> *Blog: http://movingaheadblog.blogspot.com