Github user FRosner commented on the pull request:

https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/commit/300f7532342d1ea47b85d3b777a8797a3e2248d4#commitcomment-21090241

    In
zeppelin-zengine/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/helium/HeliumVisualizationFactory.java:
    In
zeppelin-zengine/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/helium/HeliumVisualizationFactory.java
 on line 94:
    Hi @Leemoonsoo,

    we are using Zeppelin behind a proxy and on every start it tries to
download NPM and fails. Because of this it takes several minutes for Zeppelin
to start which can be very annoying when you want to restart it.

    Is there a way to

    - configure a proxy so it can actually download NPM? Looking at the code it
seems that you pass an empty, predefined proxy list.
    - switch off the installation so we don't have to wait for it on every
start?

---
with INFRA.
---