I've left some time back a request to have it somewhere so that I could leave
some specific review comments and asked a question about the API changes.

I'd like to understand at a high level what we are trying to achieve. For
example, the description of the jira mentions that the goal is to enable nodes
to expire without relying on sessions. Does it imply that this is for
applications that will rely purely on local sessions? Should we provide a way
of not having sessions at all, global or local?

My sense is that this is a great feature and I'm happy to see a patch and
discussion, but I feel that we need to discuss it further so that we understand
how this is going to be used. At least, I'd like to understand it better.

-Flavio