I'm currently working on ZOOKEEPER-2184. PR has been open for ages on 3.4
branch, please review if you have some capacity.
I'll port the fix to the 3.5 branch too, if we have an agreement and
3.4-version is merged.

ZK-2982 is somewhat related, I believe my changes will fix that one too.

ZK-1818 is probably tough, but patch is already available. Somebody should
pick it up, which I'm happy to do once finished with above stuff.

Regards,
Andor