On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 1:59 PM Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am going to push this feature out sooner rather than later. That isn't a
> question. I and my team are going to do the work. Others are very welcome
> to help and I am sure that there will be high value in getting reviews from
> a wide group.
>
> But we are already working on the code. And we will be pushing a version
> into both 3.4 and 3.5. I think that 3.6-ish is a great target for an
> improved configuration syntax. Better configuration is a great goal, but it
> isn't OK to delay other work.

We've had a long established policy of only making fixes in the fix
releases, and as I've stated before we should stop making
feature/improvement changes in 3.5 so that it can stabilize. Active
development (e.g. the great patches from Alex and recently Fangmin and
others) have been landing in trunk/master. If the community can reach
consensus on the proposed changes it would make sense to me to include in
3.6 or later.

Regards,

Patrick