On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 02:12:26AM -0800, Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> > We have lost developers who might have been valuable to us by not giving
> > them CVS access. I'm afraid to say that from the outside it appears
> > that if David had been able to swallow his pride a little more,
> > things might have turned out a little different.
>
> Actually, this points to a more structural failure in the tools.  People
> seem to be afraid to bestow CVS access due to it being so all or nothing.

It's really not, you know. Aside from the fact you can do permissions, there's
also the KDE module, with a flexible checkin script to allow/deny/whatever
commits, based on an arbitrary ruleset.

--
Daniel Stone                                              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.org - http://www.kde.org - http://www.freedesktop.org