Hi Jon.

On 03/25/21 09:02, Jon Nettleton wrote:

> I have now implemented a driver connected to gEfiPciPlatformProtocolGuid
> and I can get events passed in for the platform setup hooks, is this where
> we should be doing the bus specific setup, rather than catching
> gEfiPciIoProtocolGuid?

Sorry, the topic you are working on is over my head.

Catching gEfiPciIoProtocolGuid (with a protocol notify registration) is
definitely wrong, from a UEFI driver model perspective.

EFI_PCI_PLATFORM_PROTOCOL *could* be what you are afrer. I recommend
reading through Chapter 11, "PCI Platform", in Volume 5 of the Platform
Init spec (latest release is, to my knowledge, v1.7). Chapter 10 could
be relevant too ("PCI Host Bridge").

I think the PCI maintainers in edk2 could be of more help than I; please
see Hao and Ray in Maintainers.txt.

Thanks
Laszlo