On 10/27/23 23:11, Michael Kubacki wrote:
> I'd like to bring attention to Apache License 2.0 code in the CodeQL
> series I sent to the mailing list for steward review.
>
> In particular, the files in the BaseTools/Plugin/CodeQL/analyze
> directory of this patch:
>
> https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/109696
>
> Please let me know if any next steps are needed.

(1) I don't know if edk2 accepts contributions under Apache License 2.0;
just want to point out that this license is acceptable in Fedora (and so
RHEL too), per
<https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/allowed-licenses/>. Assuming
we're talking about "Apache Software License 2.0".

(2) Should we extend "License Details" and "Code Contributions" in
"ReadMe.rst"?

(3) Should the new files (under Apache License 2.0) use an SPDX
identifier tag, for easy greppability?

(4) With the addition, downstream packages (such as RPMs in Fedora and
RHEL) might want to spell out the short SPDX identifier of the new
license too in their License: tags.

Laszlo