On 5/2/2024 12:37 PM, Kinney, Michael D wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Leif Lindholm <quic_llind...@quicinc.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2024 3:57 AM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io; mikub...@linux.microsoft.com; Kinney, Michael
D <michael.d.kin...@intel.com>; r...@edk2.groups.io
Cc: Andrew Fish (af...@apple.com) <af...@apple.com>
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] Proposal to switch TianoCore Code Review from
email to GitHub Pull Requests on 5-24-2024

On 2024-05-02 04:08, Michael Kubacki wrote:
Thank you for this proposal. We've been anticipating this change for
years and are excited to help support it.

Here's some items we'd like to raise for feedback that we could help
implement. Many could likely be done in time for the transition.

1. Automate reviewers - We've discussed CODEOWNERS in the past.
However,
a simpler approach (in maintaining/syncing less files) would be to use
Maintainers.txt directly with a GitHub workflow since the file already
contains GitHub IDs.

That would be ideal. I know Mike worked on autogenerating CODEOWNERS
from Maintainers.txt, but ultimately the latter supports more flexible
use of wildcards (things like */AArch64/ currently requires reconciling
against the repo contents).

I have a python script that can verify if there are any differences
Between CODEOWNERS and Maintainers.txt.  I do not any tools that can
convert Maintainers.txt to CODEOWNERS.  That has been a manual process.

I recommend we identify a plan to switch to CODEOWNERS and drop
Maintainers.txt. May take a while for everyone to get used to the
differences.

I agree it would be nice to switch to CODEOWNERS to reuse the native functionality built into GitHub for it. We could build upon that if necessary.