Yes - that's the most important part of the init process. the +CNMI commands sets all
kinds of parameters about how all kinds of SMs will be delivered to the phone or
stored in memory.

Using the correct +CNMI setting (seting it up in the modem configuration group) should
cause your modem to send the messages directly to Kannel using the recognized +CMT
code. the main problem with hacking +CMTI support into Kannel, is that even if you do
that and Kannel will accept and read +CMTI calls, each SM will still be written (and
deleted later) from the SIM card, which will cause the flash memory of the SIM to
eventually fail, as flash memory has a limited number of writes.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9581711 (116)
+972-67-340014

::..
A Sept 13 1987 Boston Globe story indicated polls show almost half of Americans
think the phrase 'From each according to his ability, to each according to his
need' comes from the US Constitution.
        (source: Chomsky's Necessary Illusions)