for the last UCP 3.5 specification try this one:
http://cpa.telenor.no/docs/SMSC_EMI_specification_3.5.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: Tronet Sarah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 4:43 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: UCP protocol

Hi,

I have some questions about the UCP/EMI protocol:

I want to build an application receiving SMS via UCP/EMI over TCP/IP from an SMSC.
I would like to know if it is possible to poll the SMSC to get stored SM. For example,
if my application is out of service during a while, the SMSC will not be able to
deliver SM to the application. After being back to service, an the application poll
the SMSC to get these 'lost' SM?

Can somebody indicate me a web site to get more information (call flows..) about
UCP/EMI protocol.
Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

        Sarah TRONET
        SIEMENS Réseaux Informatiques et Télécommunications