On Montag, September 23, 2002, at 09:09 Uhr, Tronet Sarah wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution, it helps a lot.
I still have two issues about this protocol:

1- You wrote" it simply waits for your session to connect " (in the second mode) , should I just connect or also open a session (using 60- message) each time I connect?

Normally you would connect and log-in with a 60 message.

2- Is the UCP/EMI protocol only provided by CMG SMSC or is there other SMSC using this protocol?

The EMI protocol was originally invented for paging system and adapted by CMG for SMS usage. The current EMI/UCP protocol is supported by CMG mainly but CMG is very popular amongst european operators. Our Message!Mover SMSC also supports a subset of the EMI/UCP protocol (everything Kannel needs without all the fancy stuff no one uses).

Andreas Fink
Global Networks, Inc.

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729 Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Global Networks, Inc. Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Web: http://www.global-networks.ch/  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member of the GSM Association