At 02:17 PM 1/26/03 +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
Hi list,

if Wapme releases it's SMPP server implementation (smppbox) to kannel,
would we include it directly to kannel's gateway cvs module, or would
we inheritate an own module called smppbox?

The benefit of having an own module would imply that other SMSC server
implementation, i.e. EMI/UCP maybe called emibox and hence a cleaner
code seperation would be present.
Yes, rather keep it as a separate module.

I think smsbox should be a base interface to bearerbox (using common
HTTP for the low level user and aggregator) and smppbox, emibox and
whatever would be more for the professional SMS carriers and hosters.

What of potential merges with Kalle's Netikos (some of which is much better than Kannel) and the path they have taking of combining bearerbox and smsbox?

Nisan